Product design and testing
Our products are designed and manufactured to the highest international standards. Our team of specialists can also design and customise solutions to suit specific customer requirements. To ensure the quality of our cables, our qualified engineers use the latest technology to test and monitor the entire production process from start to finish.
All of our products are rooted in excellent design engineering. This means ensuring that all our technical staff remain ahead of the latest developments within the energy sector. Using advanced design technology that calculates the current rating of cables, we are able to provide our customers with recommendations that are practical and safe.
Our technical department is committed to expanding our product range through innovative product research and development initiatives. We also provide technical and design consultancy services in the following areas:
- Product design
- Cable selection
- Fault finding and troubleshooting
We use the latest technology to carry out a full range of sample tests in our dedicated onsite laboratories in accordance with British Standards, IEC, and other national and international bodies. Our testing equipment is verified by BASEC, a UKAS-accredited third-party certification body, and includes:
- Eight fully equipped materials test laboratories across our manufacturing sites
- HV test facility up to 350 kV
- Partial discharge test system with screened room facility
- Dielectric loss angle measurement
- Fully equipped fire, smoke, and halogen emission test facilities
- LF and HF test systems for instrumentation and pilot cables